Dr. Howard J. Marshall, DPM, started KLM Laboratories, Inc. in 1973. At that time, there weren’t many custom prescription foot orthotic laboratories in the US. It also marked the beginning of non-weight bearing, neutral position casting techniques for capturing the shape of the foot. Plastics such as polypropylene were new to the foot orthotic industry as well. So the need for a comprehensive orthotic lab was evident and KLM Labs was initiated. KLM’s mission is to ”Provide foot orthotics and ankle foot orthotics with an emphasis on quality and service.” This mission has been the driving force behind our substantial success.
Presently, KLM Laboratories is one of the most successful manufacturers of foot orthotics and ankle foot orthotics in the world. And we are delighted to be the primary provider of foot and ankle orthotics to podiatrists, medical doctors, orthotic and prosthetic technicians, pedorthists, physical therapists, and chiropractors. KLM’s products include:
- Custom prescription foot orthotics
- Custom prescription ankle foot orthotics
- Prefabricated foot orthotics or insoles
- Prefabricated ankle foot orthotics
- Orthotic materials and related supplies
The future of KLM Laboratories is to maintain our leadership role as a primary innovator of orthotic fabrication technologies, such as:
- Researching and developing new methods for evaluating unique biomechanical foot deformities
- Publishing how orthoses promote proper foot function and alleviate symptoms
- Implementing the use of digital scanners to capture the foot’s unique 3D shape
- Automating the fabrication of orthotic bracing
- Designing biomechanically engineered preforms
- Proving the medical efficacy of scientifically based Library Systems
KLM will continue to demonstrate how applying innovation and creativity to orthotic technology can stimulate the foot orthotic industry.